COVID Policy and Procedures
Far Horizons Vaccination Policy
The well-being of our guests is our top priority. Therefore, for the health and safety of all our travelers and to comply with the requirements in the majority of our destinations, we require all Far Horizons participants to be fully vaccinated against COVID on all our world-wide tours. This requirement will allow for a more seamless travel experience, providing extra peace of mind and confidence when booking our tours. We appreciate your understanding.
Requirements Prior to Departure
We at Far Horizons are acutely aware that we are living in unusual times and will do everything possible to help our travelers navigate airline, destination, and governmental policies. Restrictions and procedures are in place for a good reason, and we are here to assist you in understanding them in order to have a seamless and safe travel experience.
It is also the traveler’s responsibility to keep updated on rapidly changing policies in each destination. You must consult with governmental websites to ensure that you are in compliance with all requirements for admittance into your destination as well as understanding local laws that govern travel within that country. You are also responsible for obtaining any testing and providing any paperwork as required by governmental bodies due to COVID-19. You must be aware of restrictions and carry with you all appropriate documentation for any stopover destinations. On your return home, there may be additional requirements. You are responsible for understanding all of these requirements and must not rely only on Far Horizons to provide information.
Procedures on the Ground
We understand that you may have concerns about travel during COVID and we wanted to assure you that we are taking concrete steps to ensure your continuing good health. In addition to requiring all travelers, tour staff, and guides and drivers to be vaccinated, we are working closely with our partners in each destination to ensure that sanitation and safety standards are upheld (in accordance with World Health Organization and Center for Disease Control guidelines). While requirements surrounding COVID vary across our destinations, we urge you to prepare yourself for the following eventualities (subject to change at any time):
- You may be required to present a negative COVID test – taken with 72 hours of departure – in order to board your departing flight and/or upon arrival to your destination.
- You may be required to complete a COVID test upon arrival to your destination(s).
- You may be required to register with various government tracking agencies or health departments in each destination on your itinerary.
- You may be required to digitalize all health and passport information and use a downloaded application to your smart phone/device to be used while traveling.
- You may be required to present proof of being fully vaccinated to board any flight, enter any restaurant or other indoor facility (such as museums), and/or any crowded outdoor sites on your itinerary.
- You may be required to adhere to social distancing requirements while on tour.
- You may be required to wear a face mask indoors and/or in crowded outdoor sites while on tour.
- You may be required to complete a COVID test within 72 hours (or less) of departing for your home country. Far Horizons will facilitate and organize the testing, but all expenses associated with the testing will be paid by the traveler.
- You may be required to show proof of travel insurance – to cover the cost of quarantine in case a COVID test result is positive – in order to enter your destination(s).
- If a COVID test result comes back positive, you may be required to quarantine in the destination of your travels for up to 14 days, or until a negative COVID test result is shown.
When you register for a trip with Far Horizons, you will be asked to assert your understanding that no travel is without risk. You must recognize that it is your choice to travel to a country that may have been issued a travel warning or advisory, including COVID warnings, and that Far Horizons will not be liable for damages or losses that result from travel to these destinations, including medical costs. You must accept financial responsibility for any costs relating to COVID testing, quarantines, or illness before, during, or after the tour. In addition, you must follow Far Horizons’ guidelines and those issued by the country you are visiting, including wearing a mask and social distancing, and that Far Horizons will not be held liable for any delays, interruptions, itinerary changes or quarantines that may occur before or during any tour. Finally, you must agree that Far Horizons is not responsible should you contract COVID during or after a tour.