A recently discovered DNA marker suggests that 10 per cent of Scottish men are directly descended from the Picts. Mystery has long surrounded the fate of the tribe of fierce enigmatic people who battled with Rome’s legions before seeming to disappear from history. Now new research from ScotlandsDNA, an ancestry testing company, has found a marker strongly suggesting for the first time that a large number of descendants of these northern tribes, known as “Picti” by the Romans meaning “Painted Ones”, are living in Scotland. Travel to Scotland with Far Horizons!
- Egyptian Art in Nine European Museums in Hannover, Hildesheim, Berlin, Copenhagen, Edinburgh & Glasgow
- American Southwest Tour to New Mexico, Colorado, Utah & Arizona
- England’s Castles, Battlements, and Stately Homes
- Eastern India: From Bodh Gaya to Kolkata to Puri
- Hidden Mexico Tour: El Tajin to Cantona to Guanajuato