“The recent trip with Bob Brier was outstanding and we all learned SOOOO much (which was the point) and I even won a “Gummy Mummy”!!!!!! I hope Far Horizons continues to connect us common people with the brilliant professorial types that you find to lead us. You enrich our world….” – Catherine Ellison
Archaeology Tours Led by Bob Brier
- The Majesty of Egypt TourMarch 3 - 16, 2024 | Salima Ikram Travel from Cairo to Luxor to Aswan to Abu Simbel, and along the way experience awe-inspiring events as Far Horizons opens sites closed to the public - the pyramid of Unas, the richly-painted tomb of Nefertari, and the tomb chamber of the Great Pyramid. Join Far Horizons as we travel in the footsteps of the pharaohs!
- Undiscovered Egypt Tour & Nile CruiseOctober 24- November 6, 2022 | Bob Brier and Patricia Remler Explore some of the most historically important, yet often unvisited, sites in Egypt: Alexandria; Amarna (with a private tour led by the archaeologist working there), and recently opened tombs near Saqqara (closed to the public). The trip culminates with a three day cruise down the Nile aboard a traditional Egyptian sailing yacht.
- Egyptian Art Tour in Boston, Philadelphia, Brooklyn, New York CityJune 7 - 13, 2022| Bob Brier and Patricia Remler Travel to four US East Coast cities – Boston, Brooklyn, Philadelphia and New York City – to view five outstanding collections of Egyptian art, as well as Cleopatra’s Needle, originally raised in 1475BC in Egypt and now standing majestically in Central Park.
- Tour Egypt in Germany and AustriaDates TBA | Bob Brier and Patricia Remler Led by renowned Egyptologist, Bob Brier, and Art Historian, Patricia Remler, travel from Hannover in northern Germany to Vienna in Austria, to visit each country’s great museums with outstanding Egyptology assemblages. And along the way, stroll through historic centers with some of the most stunning architecture in northern Europe: Hildesheim, Leipzig, Regensburg, Munich, Salzburg
- Egypt in Italy: Turin, Florence and Rome TourDates TBA | Bob Brier and Patricia Remler Join Far Horizons Archaeological and Cultural Trips on a 11-day journey in Italy. Travel from Turin to Florence to Rome visiting Egyptian collections at renowned museums and view Rome's Egyptian obelisks.
- Museums of Four Cities: Berlin, Paris, London and CambridgeDates TBA | Bob Brier and Patricia Remler Join Far Horizons on a truly unique 9-day tour of Berlin, Paris, London, and Cambridge, with an emphasis on each city’s great museum and their Egyptology collections: Neues Museum, the Louvre, the British Museum and the newly re-opened Fitzwilliam Museum.